As most of you know by now, I started this blog to share with others how to eat healthy and gluten free for cheap! Well, that’s just half the battle. Taking vitamins is not only important for your health, but can really help you feel so much better . . I promise!
I have a severe sensitivity to gluten and lactose products. I was also very tired at times due to the lack of food I couldn’t eat. I do not eat red meat or pork, so I was lacking in my iron consumption and a few other things.
I would also get very bloated from after eating and would feel sick/tired. I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! I changed everything about my lifestyle and YES, I feel SO much better! You can too!
If you’re reading this and thinking “Yes, Yes, Yes, that’s my life”, then listen up and you can feel better as well. It makes me so happy to share my knowledge with you all and if I help one person, well then this had a purpose!
Did you know kale, spinach, beans and many other food items are packed with iron? Check out these other food items that are sure to increase your energy and are super healthy.
I get most of them from Life Extension, MRM & Trader Joe’s.
Click on the link to read great information on TJ’s vitamins and their purpose –> Trader Joe’s vitamins. Yes, they are worth it!
These are the vitamins I take: (CLICK NAMES FOR IMAGES)
- Probiotics: so important to take each night before you go to bed. Be sure to keep them in the fridge because there are active ‘live’ cultures in their that need to stay chilled.
- Digest-ALL from MRM: this’s a full spectrum plant based enzyme formulation. Enyzmes are small proteins and are categorized by their specific activity into proteases, carbohydrates or lipases. When you eat a meal, the requirements for digestive enzymes become a high priority, with this you’re set.
- Neuro-Max II from MRM:I love this stuff because it helps me focus throughout the entire workday! this comprehensive blend of herbs has shown potential to be a powerful memory enhancer and exhibiting positive effects on neurological health for the brain.
- Vitamin D-3: you can get these at Trader Joe’s. Take 7 a day because women should be getting 7,00o a day and men 9,000.
- Vitamin C: you can get these at Trader Joe’s
- Biotin: Essential for fat synthesis and the breakdown of protein and carbohydrates for energy. I get the Target brand: 5,000 mg
- Digestive Enzymes: these things are heaven sent! I always keep these in my purse. Your body naturally uses this to break down your food but if you’re like me and have tummy troubles; you’re body probably is not making enough of this on its own. Take two of these when you’re feeling bloated or upset and you’re sure to feel better!
- Zinc: I take Life Extension’s brand. It’s integral to DNA synthesis, immune function, and taste acuity. Reduces oxidative damage to cell membranes.
- Fish Oil: provides omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which help support a healthy heart. Consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease as well. It also supports a healthy brain, which comes in handy as we age.
- CoQ10: The mitochondria are the cells’ energy powerhouses, and coenzyme is an essential component of healthy mitochondrial function
- Calm: if you’re having trouble producing bowl movements, take one tablespoon a night of this and voila, I promise you will thank me each morning!
- Magnesium: ingredient found in Calm. Helps maintain stable levels of calcium and phosphorus in the bones as well
- Apple Cider Vinegar: if you’re ever feeling bloated, this’s my go-to item!
- RECIPE: mix a tablespoon of this in a cup of hot water, three stevia packs and a dash of cinnamon. It tastes like apple pie in a cup, yummy!