Strawberry Banana Vegan Ice Cream Cake
This recipe is so simple to make and it’s super healthy! It truly does taste just like ice cream but better! Plus, it’s vegan! It’ll last you all week long (depending who eats it) 😉 It’s only about 172 calories per serving and there’s about 6 servings or so.
Costs under $20 for 6 servings!
- 1 & 1/2 cups of raw, unsalted cashews (I like the ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 wole bananas (peeled)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
4 fresh strawberries
- Add cashews and almond milk into a blender at a low speed, then gradually speed it up to high for 2 – 3 minutes until smooth
- Then, add in all the other ingredients. If it’s not smooth enough or it’s too thick, add in more almond milk until creamy
- In a springform pan, line to rim with fresh strawberries cut in half. You’ll want to line the inner rim of the pan with the berries facing upside down – with the back of the berries against the inside of the pan
- Then, pour the ice cream mixture into the spring form pan, which should then push the berries against the pan
- Sprinkle the light brown sugar on top of the ice cream mixture
- Then, stir it around to give it the design in the picture
- Lastly, add some berries on top
- Freeze for about 2 – 3 hours
When ready to eat, let sit on counter for 30 minutes. I serve it with a little bit of fresh maple syrup drizzled on top!