Healthy protein pancakes made in the blender (Vitamix) with gluten free oats, yogurt, banana and an egg!
They’re simple to make, filling and high in protein!
This costs me $5 and served 3-4 people. I already have a large bag of Trader Joe’s gluten free oats on hand, so all I had to by was some frozen blueberries, yogurt and fruit. I usually always have all the below ingredients on-hand though.
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 container of blueberry or vanilla bean greek yogurt (high in protein, low in sugar)
- 1/2 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus more for serving
- Place all ingredients except fresh blueberries into a blender; blend until smooth. You may need to add a teaspoon or two of almond milk if batter is way too thick.
- Then you will want to set everything aside for about 5 minutes or so, so it can thicken.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium low heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add a few blueberries on top. Cook until bubbles start to appear on top.
- Keep flipping the pancakes and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray.
- This should make up to 4 pancakes.