Is there anything that tops a delicious warm apple cinnamon cake fresh out of the oven on a cold Saturday morning? Oh, and did I mention it’s gluten free of course!
One slice of this amazing cake will only set you back 119 calories and it still has that classic sweet and comforting taste you’re looking for this holiday season!
It also costs me less than $5 to make and serves 8 people!
- 1½ cups all gluten free flour (I use Glutino’s, it’s the best)
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 sweet apple, diced (such as a Fuji)
- Light brown sugar (as much as you’d like)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F and spray your springform cake pan generously with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, yogurt and almondmilk.
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and stir to combine with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fold in the diced apples and spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then add the topping.
That’s it, how easy is that? Yes, I promise you this cake is TRULY good – good luck not eating the whole thing! 🙂