I have a HUGE sweet tooth, especially for the Almond Cookies from Whole Foods! If you have ever had these, than I’m sure you know how amazing they are!
They’re crisp on the outside and oh so light and airy on the inside. I finally have come up with the perfect recipe to make in the comfort of your home, that truly does resemble my favorite cookie! Oh, and did I mention they’re gluten free and vegan!
Also, it takes less than 30 minutes to prep, assemble and bake?! It’s so, so, so, so delicious too!
- 2 cups of Almond Meal (for baking) (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar (Trader Joe’s) *add 1/2 cup if you like them sweeter
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of sugar, for coating the cookies when forming them
- Salted Almonds (salty & sweet combo, my favorite)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (drizzle over the tops when ready to serve)
- Maple Syrup or Agave
- Blackberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Grease a nonstick baking sheet
- Mix all of the ingredients together in large bowl and stir until it’s formed a batter like texture.
- In a bowl, pour about 1/2 cup of the organic sugar mixture, this will be used to role the batter in, in order to form the logs for the cookie shapes.
- Form the mixture into about 7 or 8 1in rounds and roll around in the sugar and form a log with your hands, then form into a U shape, like shown
- Bake until cookies turn golden, for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes once it’s done baking
- Top with almonds (like photographed) then drizzle with Maple Syrup or Agave