If you’re looking for a easy and healthy dessert to make all Fall long, well look no further! This AMAZING gluten free cake takes just minutes to prepare, is healthy and packed with protein!
Did I mention it takes less than 30 minutes to prep, assemble and bake?! It’s so, so, so, so delicious too!
- 1 and 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I use Glutino)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 container of Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt
- 2 apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1tsp of Nutmeg
- Maple Syrup or Agave
- Blackberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Grease the side and the bottom of the 9×3-inch spring form pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in large bowl. Spray the spring form pan with olive oil.
- Transfer the cake batter to the spring form pan. Top with sliced apples in a circle around the edges, like pictured, and scatter. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake until cake turns golden, and the tester comes out clean in the center, about 20 minutes, depending on your oven! **Be careful, this bakes fast and can burn easily
- Let stand for 10 minutes once it’s done baking. Then take spring form pan off of cake and serve!
- To add extra moisture to the cake, when ready to serve. Top with Maple Syrup or Agave – a good amount!
If you’d like it a little more sweet (which I sure do), add a pinch of powdered sugar and/or fresh maple syrup drizzled on!