A simple + easy recipe for those overripe bananas!
I kid you not, this recipe serves 3 people at less than $5! I already had the spices in my home and the sugar since I cook with them a ton; but I did buy a few bananas and maple syrup.
I was craving a sweet the other night and this recipe did the trick! It was quick to assemble and was extremely delicious!
- 3 slightly overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar **Trader Joe’s (you can substitute granulated stevia, if you’d like)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (if you’d like) **Trader Joe’s
- Slice the bananas about 1in thick and set aside
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray and warm to a medium heat
- In a small bowl; combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add the banana rounds to the heated pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- During the last minute of cooking on the first side, sprinkle half the dry mix on the tops and flip
- Lastly, sprinkle the remaining dry mixture on the other halves and cook about 2-3 more minutes, until the bananas are soft and warmed through
- Add the maple syrup and serve
The easiest and cheapest gluten + vegan free dessert you’ll ever make! 😛