I have been searching for a gluten free biscuit recipe for quite some time now and I finally found inspiration, thanks to a friend – Jess Foy!
These sweet potato biscuits are gluten free + vegan! They’re easy to assemble and tastes so good!
I made, baked and ate them all within an hour – so they’re quick! Also, all the ingredients combined cost me less than $15! I mostly had everything in my home already, since I use those ingredients so much though!
- 2 cups of gluten free flour (or any other flour you’d like)
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes (pre-bake at 350 degrees for 40 min a day before or right before)
- 3 tbs of vegan butter (Whole Foods) ** you can use regular melted butter too
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together, separately from the wet though
- Mash the sweet p’s and then add all of the wet ingredients in
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until it looks like a batter mixture
- Let sit for about 5 – 10 minutes
- Spoon with your hands or a spoon on to a greased cookie sheet, it should make about 9 or so
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or so
- Lastly, pour a bit of light brown sugar and extra maple syrup on tops before serving. It makes for the perfect last mixture touch 🙂
That’s it! How easy is that?!