Who else struggles with finding a variety of options to bring for those pesky work day lunches?! I know I do! I wanted to make chicken salad this week but not from a can or an already cooked chicken. I also didn’t want to spend a great deal of money, so I came up with this amazing recipe!
I had this turned into Avocado Chicken Salad today for lunch and let me tell you, it’s delicious! It costs $11 to make and makes 4 servings. Pair it with a side of veggies or whatever else you’d like!
First things first, we have to roast the chicken! Part 2 . . comes next . . which’s the chicken salad part. You can eat this roasted chicken as is or turn it into a chicken salad, like the recipe coming next! I wanted to post this in 2 parts in case you wanted to eat one separately from the other! 🙂
- 1 whole uncooked roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sodium free garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Take the roasted chicken out of the plastic wrapping and rise thoroughly
- Next, place the entire chicken in a roasting pan that’s been lined with foil and nonstick cooking spray (side note: take out the insides, which should be in a bag; throw that away)
- Next, pour on the olive oil over the entire chicken
- Now you’ll want to add all the dry ingredients on top of the chicken and massage until it’s covering the entire thing
- Lastly, bake uncovered for 1 hour at 400 degrees or until at the crisp you’d like
That’s it! How easy is that?! Part two coming next . . how to turn that amazing roasted chicken into Avocado Chicken Salad!