My favorite fruit in the entire world is watermelon, hands down! I’m all about cooking healthy at a low cost, which is why I’ve perfected this easy recipe. You can either eat it as a dessert, a meal or a great snack!
This meal costs less than $10 to make and serves up to 4 people, if you make enough!
This dish is salty savory and sweet!
- 2 – 4 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic glaze (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- handful of fresh mint (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- If you’re using a watermelon that’s not pre-sliced, you’ll want to cut the melon into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl (I’ll post a video later this week on how to cut a watermelon without wasting any part)
- Next, place the watermelon is serving bowls and sprinkle a dash of himalayan salt over the tops
- Pour the balsamic vinegar over the the watermelon
- Crumble the goat cheese, mint and dash of salt over everything next
- Lastly, drizzle the balsamic glaze over everything
Viola, you’re done! Enjoy the perfect combination of salty, sweet and savory! 🙂