I love sweet potato’s SO much. I probably eat at least one a day too, which is why I had to share this recipe with you all!
They’re very simple to make and costs less than $8 to make enough for 4 people, or make it to eat throughout the week.
You can make as much as you want, but this is the way I make it when using the recipe for dinner. If you’re looking to make enough for the week, just double it 🙂
- 4 large sweet p’s
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (it’s a butter)
- 1 tablespoon of agave
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Once the oven is up to temp, place the sweet p’s in the oven for about 40 minutes (depending how strong your oven is)
- Side note: if you’re looking to speed this up: place the sweet p’s in the microwave for 4 minutes and then place in oven. This will cut the cooking time in half 😀
- When you can take a fork and smoothly go through the sweet p, that means they’re done
- Next, you’ll want to skin the sweet p’s. They are going to be hot, so stab them with a knife and skin them with a fork. The skin should come off quite easily
- Turn a small pot on low on the stove and put the tablespoon of ghee in there
- Next, add all of the sweet p’s to the pot
- Lastly, add in all the other ingredient and mash together with a masher until smooth
- Cook on low for about 10 minutes, then viola!
These are my favorite things to make! Let me know how yours go and send me your photos!