Who doesn’t love having a night in on the weekend with some wine, homemade cooking and more wine 😉
This meal was something I came up with due to the ingredients I had in the fridge. I was going away to Colorado (where I am now, so look for more recipes this week), so this’s the AMAZING meal I created!
It takes about 30 – 40 min. to cook and serves around 4 – 5 people depending how much meat you’re cooking.
If you’re making this for yourself it tastes amazing the next day as leftovers. Also, freeze it as well!
- 1 jar organic basil marinara sauce (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 or 3 turkey breast cutlets or chicken cutlets (cut up in slices) (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1/2 bag of artichoke hearts (frozen ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 squares of fresh basil (they sell this in the frozen section at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a large pan, turn it on high. Spray the pan with olive oil spray so nothing sticks
- Add in the mushrooms, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder in the pan. Cook on high (covered) for 10 – 15 min. You want everything to cook through and get a little crisp to them
- On a separate pan, preferably a non-stick flat iron square pan. Spray with non-stick spray and get pan really hot.
- Add in the cut up chicken or turkey to the pan. Cook each side on high for 5 min; until there’s a nice crisp to the meat.
- Next, season (each side) the meat with salt, garlic powder, basil and a bit of pepper. On each side!
- When the veggies look like they are cooked, add in the entire jar of sauce. I like to use the organic basil one from Trader Joe’s because it’s low in sugar and calories
- Next, add in the panko, cheese, and cilantro to the veggie/sauce mixture. Everything should start to thicken up now
- Cover the veggies and let cook on med/low for another 10 min. or so.
- Once the meat is cooked through and has a good crisp to each side, add to the veggie and sauce mixture.
- Lastly, I like to taste and see if it needs any more seasoning. But I love to add more basil and cilantro to the end for flavor 🙂
This meal is amazing! Like, by far one of my favorites and it makes a lot!
Let me know if you have any questions too!