I love making this meal because it’s honestly so delicious and a quick meal after the gym! I typically make butternut squash with it and broccoli, but feel free to make what you like most too!
This meal costs less than $10 to make and serves up to 3 or 4 people depending on how many veggies you make 😉
So, I usually make a lot of veggies!
- 1 pack of firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of soyaki sauce (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- Cooking spray
- Drain tofu and remove from package
- Cut tofu into 3/4 inch slices and lay out flat between paper towels
- Put a weighted cooking sheet on top and press tofu for 30 minutes. This will remove the water from the tofu and allow it to soak up the marinade
- While tofu is draining, mix together (except the Panko) all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Spray pan with cooking spray
- Put slices of marinated tofu onto a HOT pan, wait for first side to brown (about five minutes) and then cook on other side until browned
- Next, add in the bread crumbs
- Lastly, add in any veggies you want and more soyaki sauce if needed
- Butternut Squash – the bag of the fresh ones from Trader Joe’s. Add a dash of garlic salt, salt and fresh ginger and bake for 30 minutes. If in a hurry, steam in the bag for 3 minutes in the microwave. Then, cook on stove with ingredients added for about 10 minutes or so on high. Lastly, I like to add balsamic glaze to the top!
- Beet and Avocado Salad – 1/2 avocado, 2 beats (package from Trader Joe’s), dash of garlic salt, salt, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar and balsamic glaze. Lastly, a dash of parmesan cheese 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions! Oh, and ENJOY!!