I made this meal the other night for my sister and she could not stop telling me how amazing it was! I’ve never tried pan frying my own brussels sprouts before. I have baked them a ton of times, so I had to try them this way!
Whenever I go out to eat and see ‘pan fried brussels on the menu, I always order them. So, I knew they’d be amazing!
I make turkey bakes about 1 – 2 times a week but I wanted to switch it up a bit. You’re MORE than sure to impress with this meal! It’s also very easy to make and costs under $20 for 2 – 3 people.
- 1 package of lean turkey meat
- 1 package of fresh butternut squash (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ground garlic
- 1 can of roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar of organic tomato sauce (I like the one from Sprouts because it’s very low in calories & sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Olive oil
- Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and garlic salt
- Heat a large pan to high and spray it with non-stick cooking spray
- Add in the turkey meat and cook/stir around until the meat is browned
- Next, add in the butternut squash, fresh garlic, tomatoes, garlic salt and salt. Stir together for a bit, then cover the pan. Next, cook for about 15 minutes or so – covered
- You will then want to add in the jar of tomato sauce and oregano (you can either add in fresh or from the store – like McCormick)
- Next, you will want to stir around until everything’s combined
- Then, cover and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes
- Taste and see if it needs anymore seasoning. If so, add in more 🙂
- In a pan, fill it up about an inch or so hight with olive oil
- Next, cover the pan and heat the pan to med-high for about 10 minutes
- Once the oil appears to be hot, take the lid off and add in the cut in half brussel sprouts. BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THE OLIVE OIL WILL SPLATTER.
- Once all of the brussels are in the pan, quickly cover them so the oil doesn’t splatter
- For about10 minutes, let the brussels fry and cook until they look browned
- Next, you’ll want to take a peak in the pan and once the olive oil looks like it’s cooked away, add in the apple cider vinegar and cook for a bit longer
- Lastly, add in the salt and garlic salt to taste liking
That’s it – it’s that easy! As always, let me know if you have any questions 🙂