Easy Vegan Berry Cheesecake
This recipe has been taste tested and approved by my sister, who may I add is the BIGGEST cheesecake lover . . the real kind! We even liked this better than real cheesecakes, which I can no longer eat because of my dairy intolerance. It’s also gluten free, score! :)
This cheesecake serves 6 – 8 people and costs less than $14 to make! All the ingredients are from Trader Joe’s!
It’s so simple to make with a 2 ingredient crust: dates and salted almonds and the 7 ingredient filling: raw cashews, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, 3 stevia packets, frozen mixed berries and agave nectar. So good, so creamy, so insanely delicious you’ll want to drink it right out of the blender before freezing it!
- 3/4 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then drained)
- 3/4 cup salted almonds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3 packets of Stevia
- Add dates, almonds and vanilla almond milk to blender and blend until smooth and pretty thick (add more almond milk if needed)
- Lightly grease a standard, spring form pan. To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots. This creates little tabs that makes removing it to pop out once frozen.
- Next, pour the crust ingredients into the spring form pan and cover the entire bottom. Scoop all of the crust out of the blender and then rinse to make the filling next
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth
- Taste and adjust items as needed
- Pour all of the filling on top of the crust and smooth until flat
- Lastly, add additional frozen berries on top for looks and taste
- Then, freeze for 2 – 3 hours. When ready to eat, take the spring form pan off and let stand on counter until it’s able to cut and serve
- When you’re going to serve it, before taking the spring form pan part off – run a large knife around the inside too to loosen the cake from the pan. Then release the spring from pan and serve!
I’m not kidding, it tastes JUST like cheesecake! If you have any questions or tip, please don’t hesitate to ask! Enjoy and let me know how you like it! :)